Qubole, provider of auto-scaling Big Data platform for the Cloud, exited stealth mode today to introduce its vision for combining the power of Apache Hadoop and Hive with the simplicity of a Cloud platform in order to accelerate time-to-value from Big Data. Qubole, a Silver Sponsor of next week’s Hadoop Summit 2012 conference, also invites business analysts, data scientists, and data engineers to participate in the Qubole early access program.
While most well known as creators of Apache Hive and long-time contributors to Apache Hadoop, Qubole’s founders Ashish Thusoo and Joydeep Sen Sarma also managed the Facebook data infrastructure team that was responsible for nearly 25PB of compressed data. The data services built by this team are used across business and engineering teams who submit tens of thousands of jobs, queries and ad hoc analysis requests every day. Thusoo and Sen Sarma applied their experiences and learnings to create the industry’s next generation big data platform for the cloud. With Qubole, organizations can literally begin uncovering new insights from their structured and unstructured data sources within minutes.
“We believe a new approach is needed – one that hides the complexity associated with storing and managing data and instead provides a fast, easy path to analysis and insights for business analysts, data scientists and data engineers,” said Joydeep Sen Sarma, Co-Founder of Qubole. “We gained significant experience helping a web-scale company build and manage a complex Big Data platform. We don’t want our customers to worry about choosing a flavor of Hadoop, or spinning up clusters, or trying to optimize performance. Qubole will manage all of that so that users can focus on their data and their algorithms.”
Qubole Auto-Scaling Big Data Platform for the Cloud Benefits Include:
- Fastest Path to Big Data Analytics — Qubole handles all infrastructure complexities behind the scenes so users can begin doing ad hoc analysis and creating data pipelines using SQL and MapReduce within minutes.
- Scalability “On the Fly” — Qubole features the industry’s first auto-scaling Hadoop clusters so users can get the right amount of computing power for each and every project.
- Fast Query Authoring Tools – Qubole provides fast access to sample data so that queries can be authored and validated quickly.
- Fastest Hadoop and Hive Service in the Cloud — Using advanced caching and query acceleration techniques, Qubole has demonstrated query speeds up to five times faster than other Cloud-based Hadoop solutions.
- Quick Connection to Data – Qubole provides mechanisms to work with data sets stored in any format in Amazon S3. It also allows users to easily export data to S3 or to databases like MySQL.
- Integrated Data Workflow Engine – Qubole provides mechanisms to easily create data pipelines so users can run their queries periodically with a high degree of reliability.
- Enhanced Debugging Abilities — Qubole provides features that helps users get to errors in Hadoop/Hive jobs fast, thus saving time in debugging queries.
- Easy Collaboration with Peers — Qubole’s Cloud-based architecture makes it ideal for analysts working in a geographically distributed environment to share information and analysis.