Pentaho Corporation, delivering the future of business analytics, and DataStax, the commercial leader in big data solutions based on Apache Cassandra(TM), today announced they have entered into a strategic relationship delivering native integration between Pentaho Kettle and Cassandra.
Pentaho and DataStax will offer the first Cassandra-based big data analytics solution that combines the highly scalable, low-latency performance of Cassandra with Kettle’s visual interface for high-performance data extract, transformation and load, as well as integrated reporting, visualization and interactive analysis capabilities. This will make it easier for developers and data scientists to operationalize, integrate and analyze both big data and traditional data sources. Both Pentaho and DataStax also offer commercial open source products, which include valuable enhanced functionality, software maintenance, quality assurance, technical support, professional services and training.
- Operationalizing Big Data – With Pentaho Kettle, DataStax has an integrated visual environment to deploy, manage, report, visualize and explore big data for both DataStax Enterprise and DataStax Community editions. Pentaho Kettle’s visual interface enables up to a ten-fold productivity improvement for developing and managing big data storage and analysis.
- Extending the reach of NoSQL – Together with Pentaho, DataStax is extending the strength of NoSQL databases to a much broader spectrum of developers, data scientists and other technologists. Previously these users had access only to traditional relational databases or analytic databases. With Pentaho Kettle’s ease of use, developers can leverage the power of DataStax Enterprise, DataStax Community and Apache Cassandra.
- Lowering technical barriers – DataStax and Apache Cassandra users can integrate Pentaho Kettle as a hub into their existing technology in a visual and easy-to-use environment. Using Pentaho Kettle, technologists can gain fast insight into their Cassandra data. Pentaho Kettle can use Cassandra as a data source for reports and dashboards, or easily integrate with data from other sources into a data warehouse for a 360-degree view of the business.
- Easy on-ramp to complete business analytics suite – DataStax and Apache Cassandra’s integration with Pentaho Kettle make it easy to upgrade to Pentaho Business Analytics, a complete end-to-end analytics suite that includes operational reporting, dashboards, interactive reporting, interactive analysis, and advanced data mining and predictive analytics.
- Weaving into the big data fabric – By integrating DataStax, which is capable of spanning multiple datacenters with Pentaho Kettle, Cassandra-based solutions are now easier to use, more dependable and significantly faster to develop, extending how and where Cassandra can be used by enterprises. By integrating with Pentaho Kettle, DataStax is woven more tightly into the broader fabric of big data and traditional data sources.
“Pentaho Kettle is breaking new ground with its ability to make all big data sources including Apache Cassandra much easier and more productive to use,” said Richard Daley, founder and chief strategy officer, Pentaho